Thursday, April 1, 2010

Giving green smoothie to the neighbor kids, thumbs up!

Well, I did it again today.

A little 7-year old girl was playing at my house, she stopped to watch with interest as I filled my blender to the top with swiss chard and spinach. Later she came to me asking for a snack. I asked her if she would like to try green smoothie. "Sure" she said bravely, "I'll give it a try". I gave her a dixie cup, half full. She drank it all and had another cup. Then she saw the 8oz jars on the table that I had set out for my own kids. My daughter told her friend, "we have smoothie for dinner every night." Her friend's response was an envious "you get that much!", she clearly felt cheated only getting a 5oz dixie cup. I asked her if green smoothie deserves a thumbs up, she said "yes". I told her to go home and tell her mom she had chard and spinach for her afterschool snack. (the proof was on her face, heh, heh)

I gave a neighbor kid smoothie once before with similar results, he drank it all. I'm always nervous about these unexpected samples because our greens to fruit ratio is pretty high, but so far, so good.

This is the smoothie she sampled (chard-spinach-stevia-flax oil-banana-frozen peach-orange)

No comments:

Post a Comment